Oath Taking Ceremony During Citizens Naturalization


This is the welcome video I saw at the oath taking ceremony.  There was a lot of applause from the thousands of new Americans at the end of the President's speech.  So to all the Americans who don't like Donald Trump and who want to leave the USA because of him, you won't be missed.  For every American citizen who doesn't like Donald Trump, there are a lot  more new Americans who like him. Applause from thousands of new citizens happen almost every month in my sanctuary city.  The more Trump hating Americans "actually" leave the USA, the more room for new comers.   

I was surprised  that there was so much applause during the introduction of Donald Trump as the President and at the end of his welcome speech.  TV shows like "The View" and others make me think that I can be among the few immigrants who aren't Trump-haters. It's not the case in reality.

As to why the mainstream media under-estimate Donald Trump's appeal to naturalized citizens, that explanation belongs to another post.  But most of us who went through the long journey of legal immigration, we know why we oppose open border and why we favor skill based immigration reform instead of the unlimited import of low-skilled migrants, particularly the illegal ones.  Yet we never voiced our opinion, for many reasons only we can explain, which also belong to another post.  And yes, forget about the polls which will not reflect what we really think.  If I tell you how I responded to the polls and why, you will understand why you should just ignore them if they are about how we think or feel as immigrants. (This refers to only legal immigrants whom I know. I can't speak on behalf of the illegal ones since we are two very different groups.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update Social Security After Name Change During Naturalization

I've Developed Agoraphobia During My Years As An Immigrant

Cultural Shock: Homeless In USA