My Extremely Long Journey As An Immigrant Is Finally Ending!!!

U.S. citizenship

Finally, my life as an immigrant in the USA is ending. I will soon begin a new life after I complete my citizenship application process.  No, I'm not one of those whom the media would like to interview as a soon-to-be deportee under the "Trump Administration".  So I don't get to go on TV to shed my tears. But still, it doesn't mean my journey as an immigrant was without my share of distress, heartbreak and tears. Immigrant or not, everybody has lots of sad moments in our lives to talk about.  Some of us get to tell our sad tales and cry on American TV, others can write a book, a diary or a blog about their sad stories, while some just live in silence, prefer to not talk about their heartbreaking experience and relive it. (Okay, now I'm feeling I'm starting to drift off to a topic that belongs to another blog....)

So, back to my story, after more than 7 months since I mailed out my application (Form N-400) and the  $725 ($640 application fees +$85 biometrics) filing fees,  I finally received a notice for the interview appointment. Yay!!  Between my mailing date of my application and the date I received my interview appointment, I had gone through the biometrics check, which took place 2 months after I mailed in N-400. No, I didn't hire a lawyer.  I filled out the form myself.  It's a very straight forward form for my case.  But for those of you who are worried about providing conflicting information, sure you can hire a legal expert to advise you on filling out the form.  But for the average regular, English literate and legal immigrants like myself , we can all easily save the attorney's fees by doing it ourselves.

I'm now at the end leg of my journey to immigrate to the USA.  As for those of you who are now in the process of waiting, be patient and just live your life like normal.  You are going to be okay, you will get your interview appointment and you aren't going to be deported.  Fear not, my fellow "dreamers", just keep living, working and paying for your taxes like you've always been doing for all those many years as an immigrant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update Social Security After Name Change During Naturalization

I've Developed Agoraphobia During My Years As An Immigrant

Social Security Card Update After Naturalization